Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Generator, Broken Pipe, and More!!!

Please let me first apologize as I have gotten different stories from different people as to what is going on. To date, this is what I understand:

The generator was installed but it was not hooked up. I thought everything was good to go, but it wasn't. I didn't understand that installed didn't include the "hooking up". That being said they tried to hook up the generator this weekend only to find it did not have the standard switch. Yesterday I was told that it is going to cost an additional $7,000 to hook it up. I am looking into funding sources to pay for this unexpected expense.

On top of that, there was a break in the pipes due to the cold this weekend. I was not aware until Monday morning when we were contacted by our customers. This is another expense that was not anticipated.

Now for the good news. I am told by Tom that he thinks that the final hook ups should be completed this month and we can switch over to the new water system. This is the plan. If there is an emergency that comes up then the plans will change and we will notify you as soon as we get additional information.
This system is old, this is not an exact science and we have had more than one unexpected surprise, but we are moving forward to improve your water service as best as we can, as fast as we can!

Here's to the rest of the project going smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment