Monday, October 7, 2013

Cristalina Water Update

We have completed our first round of  5 samples on the system.  We tested Well 1, Well 2, The reservoir, and two homes that were at the end of roads. 4 out of the 5 samples came back satisfactory.  The one coming from Well 1 did not.  This is confusing because if Well 1 had bad water that it is logical that the reservoir and the two homes down the system would have a bad water sample as well.  We are testing again today to make sure there wasn't some mistake with the well sample.  We should have those results by Thursday I believe.

That being said, I am being told that even if all of our water samples are perfect that they are not going to be lifting the boil water advisory until we put in a chlorination system.  I have been requesting funding for a filtration system as well as funding to finish the replacement of the PVC piping and the replacement of the reservoir for 6 years. I have told them that we had a liability on our hands and that we could end up in trouble if I wasn't approved.  I keep getting denied by the Department of Health and the Utilities and Transportation Commission.  If I get denied again this year I will have no choice but to sell the system to someone who has money to finish the project.

I will repost as soon as I get the test results.  We are sending bills out again today and with it a form to fill out and mail back with your email and address and current phone number for emergency contacts.  That way we can set up an email to everyone where I will send a copy of the blog posts.

I am sorry that people did not feel like they got notified in a timely manner.

Let's all hope that all of our next set of water testing comes back perfect!

Again, let me remind you the DOH is not going to lift the boil water advisory until we have a filtration system. It is my understanding that we can have all of the satisfactory samples for months and they will not lift the ban. We do not have financing for a filtration system as we have been denied the past 6 years. In the past, we were able to lift the ban after we can 10 good samples.

The DOH has not provided me with the new regulations that say that a filtration system is required even if the system has been cleaned and we have good samples, but they have said that they are requiring one before they lift the ban.

Thank you for your patience,

Maria Lindberg

3 comments:

  1. I vote for no chlorine. Seal the hatch, lock the gate, filter it if we need to, but No to chemicals. I LOVE the taste of our water now: no taste at all! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is there a straight forward answer as to whether or not we can use our water?!!

    ReplyDelete